Starting to get cool. Leaves are falling. Family vacations are done. The kids are back in school. And you are just starting to get settled in on your routine for the school year. It’s the best time of the year to finish your basement.
I often get asked when is the best time to… Here are some common home projects and the common times to get the work done:
Spring/ Summer– get it done in order to use it during the summer
- Exterior Work
- Additions- get the footings in before the frost and the addition weatherized (don’t have to pay for heat) before it gets too cold.
- Basement Finish
- Bathroom remodel
- Kitchen remodel
Of course, all types of remodeling can be done year round. (Yes we can put an addition on in the dead of winter!!)
But now is the best time of year to finish your basement. Here are a few ideas for what can be done:
- Create a second master bedroom suite for guests complete with spa-quality bathroom
- Design a game room for ping pong, pool, or even arcade games
- Install a eye-popping home theater
- Put in a Bar with a brass rail, glass shelves, beer tappers, and flat-panel TV
- Stone a fireplace surround and make an entertainment center for playing Xbox or Nintendo Wii
The possibilities are endless. Make a decision to finish that basement today!